Sunday, October 3, 2010

This week: Dirt, pistachios and excellent actors.

Well folks, I don't have a great deal to report. A few things are notable though...
1st I got to spend some time with some mud! That was a great time! I LOVE dirt!

Then I went to the groomer--and mom has really been watching me to see if I roll in something before we head off to Kimberton, PA for the terrier trials...it's a tough job being a Westie.

Other events of note this week include my sister Cordeliah played with me a little. She is 15 years old and lately she has been playing with me ...I don't know what's up--but it is SO much fun. Somedays it seems like she has more energy than  me! I also got to play with Sulley the adorable JRT of Aunt Stephanie's. I could play with him for hours! He was soaking wet from the amazing mouth wars we did on Friday night.

Onw night this week, Dad cut up some chicken and Deliah and watched with great hope....
But nothing very exciting happened there.

I found a pistachio shell on the floor in the kitchen and started crunching it... I really like them but mom came running in the room to try to stop me. A few days later I started choking and coughing...couldn't get the darn thing up. Mom took me to the vet on Friday... I have to tell you that place gives me the shakes!
 Dr. Arneson said I was OK---but probably had a scratchy throat. I got a shot and some antibiotics. So, word to all---keep pistachios away from us dogs! One shell costs at least $80.00 and mom complained! But she is glad I am feeling better. No more coughing or choking!

Agility this week was OK--I tried... a little. Mom's anxious about the terrier trials so I need to pay attention. I had some good contacts but I had a really hard time with a "Fred" Friday night... (a 270...but my mom doesn't do numbers so we have to call it a Fred)..it was really spread out and I just kept thinking I should come in to my mom...Our teacher, Wendy, asked her if she said anything to me...and she said "no."  Later she tried saying "out" and I said "why didn't you say so? and got it eventually"   Humans are just dumb. sometimes.



Finally, tonight I found something under the holly bush! It was an opossum!!! I LOVE those! So, mom saw me chasing it and called me but I was too busy to really listen---and I pounced on it, had it in my mouth and the strangest thing happened....it died.

Stopped moving...I kept staring at it and then at Mom...what's up?  Mom made me come in...and then she and Samy went outside to look...sure enough it was dead. Then my dad went out to get it and it was....GONE!!!! Mom was very happy! I am still looking for it. Any ideas? Let me know if you see it. I would like to try to play with it again.

That's all for this week...I am being dragged off to 3 days at the Terrier Trials where only us terriorists will be competing!

No comments:

Post a Comment