Sunday, April 15, 2012

A Special Delivery

Hi folks!
So, Thursday night--Mom came home with a new baby! It was a total unplanned event. We now are trying out a very cute short legged, long bodied puppy. Let me introduce you to who is certainly going to be my new brother...

We think the humans have named him  Cair'an--which is Kieran for you American folks. Mom has always wanted a puppy name Innis (or Ennis) but she said that since he will be Dad's puppy, Dad should name him. Dad liked that one--it means "little dark one"




As you can see--he fits his name nicely.




Want to guess his lineage?


He was a happy accident--a Dachshund and a Sealyham Terrier! His owner calls him a Dasham but we like Sealyhund. As you can tell, he has short legs, long ears and a reallllly long tail. He is very sweet and I really liked him the first day alot!!! Hasten however HATED him.

Yesterday, Hasten decided she LOVED him and I got really jealous and mad because they played together for over an hour! Mom said I was a grump and a pouter! I can't help it--I wanted him all to myself. I LOVE babies!




 Our friend, Felicity, took Hasten and I on a long walk in the arboretum (an hour and half!), then we went to Friday agility-- then Hasten played with Kieran....so as you can see below, they both collapsed later.



I ask my sister to NOT touch me when I lay on mom or in my bed...she is really close! Ick! At least she was still--a rare moment!

Isn't he cute?


His feet are almost the same size as mine!

Today, I spent the day sunning...and basically ignoring the other two brats!



Mom has found a way to slowly get down the three steps to the backyard so she spent some time with us outside today. Her ankle is looking so much better and she has been driving this week (w/the wrong foot!)--so she has been talking about having her freedom back. She still has much more time in the "dreaded boot" but she is happy to be moving around...I have to say that boot coming toward you is kind of scary! We try to stay out of her way.

The blisters are all healing, the incision---drying up nicely--and hardly any swelling today!

Anyway, I am sure that there will be much more to share on my new brother and I. Hasten and I have at least a month off from agility competitions. We think Aunt Wendy (of Peak Performance Dog Sports http://www.peakperformancedogsports.us/) will take us to the Cocker Club trial in May.

I will leave you with this picture of the new baby sleeping on Dad's clothes and shoe while he prepares to take a shower.

Peace Out!
Barclay, Reluctant Agility Dog and New Brother


No comments:

Post a Comment