Sunday, April 8, 2012

Mom's updates

Greetings!

It's week 3 and Mom's foot is doing better--she has now moved to walking with only one of those big long metal stick-like things that scare the crap out of me. They are always falling or sliding and it seems always toward me! She is walking more in the boot, which she refers to as "an abomination" I don't know what that is, but it sounds bad!


Her foot really swells up now and her skin is still peeling from the blisters--looks like leprosy! I saw it on TV once!


There are days when it really does look better:



Ick! See how it swells? The compression sock makes big "creases."



She still has to spend lots of time on the couch with ice packs.
 Hasten doesn't mind--she is happy to hang out on the couch and sit with mom.

We have had a few outings. Miss Wendy has taken us to Hunter Mountain twice now...for agility practice and nice walks in the woods. I got in the pond twice!!! It was so nice and cool!

I have been VERY brownish lately--Mom kept threatening a dreaded water torture thing she calls "a bath" and I have been able to avoid it for 3 extra weeks!!! Tonight they tricked both of us!


Here I am all fluffy and stinky like human fake scent! Mom says
 I need some grooming!






This weekend, Mom had a really nice outing. We all went to Hunter Mountain for a workshop on Nosework with Peak Performance Dog Sports. It was fun! Hasten and I got to look in boxes and find treats! Who wouldn't like that? I got in trouble on the 4th attempt. I was having so much fun that I  got carried away and marked a box that I wanted to be sure anyone going after me would know was MINE! The instructor said I was done. I have never marked anything in public before--so Mom was shocked and embarrassed! I don't know what all the fuss was about.


Mom took some video of us searching but she hasn't downloaded it yet.

Anyway, Mom is getting better--talking about trying to drive this week and we had lots of adventures! Wish we could go on more walks but we are a handful and not everyone is jumping up to volunteer to take us! I don't know why.

Peace Out Folks!
Barclay, Reluctant Agility Dog.




No comments:

Post a Comment