Sunday, January 9, 2011

This week in... agility and life

Hi everyone!
This was a great week. Mom was home with us a great deal and we got to get in a lot of great walks in the Arboretum! I LOVE walking---I get to see EVERY single squirrel and try to chase them down.

 Since mom has started taking Hasten with us on our walks I am fine...I just told her, "Keep up with me or you will be left to drag! "  I know that sounds mean--but hey! these walks are awesome and I have stuff to see! She is doing really well and she doesn't bother me at all on these walks. She is a bit confused...she keeps looking at mom every few 50 or so yards...as if to ask..."Is this all there is? Where are we? When do we get THERE?"  Today, we both found a mole---it was black and hairy and smelly and we almost had it...I could feel it near my mouth....but darn it--it got away. Mom was relieved for some silly reason.

This week in agility I went to LOAL on Friday---we did "sends" and I did ok...I think there is a trial coming up so mom is trying to get me ready. I usually like doing the sends---I have no problem working away from my mom.  I have had a nice vacation but we will find out next week how I really feel....things could change at any minute!

Hasten has been practicing her free shaping and her agility. She is really fast! I have tried to tell her that speed is not THAT important--but she didn't listen...she actually cries and whimpers if she can't go fast enough--what is WRONG with that girl?

One thing I have noticed about my new sister. She is a garbage junkie! She loves to take things out of the recycle bin and carries them around, sleeps with them, chews on them--and if we get near...she runs out the dog door with them! This girl is weird!

There is proof that she actually sleeps! She curls up like a hedgehog usually. See below:



Here is a rare shot of her still and in mom's lap.



Below are some clips of Mom and Hasten training. 
Waiting is NOT her thing. This is the 1st time we have had a wait before an obstacle.
The 1st one--great wait--but blew the tire---so I took her to the tunnel--seemed like waiting AND the tire was just too much. 




2nd video--she is showing how frustrating WAIT is!



On the left: Here she is showing her ability to do a combinatino of obstacles.
Right: Her wicked fast dogwalk w/out a leash!

No comments:

Post a Comment