Monday, January 24, 2011

Playing, Destroying and General Slowness

Hi everyone,
There has been no time to post updates lately--so here goes:
1st I went to a three day agility trial in Lexington, VA (site of this year's AKC Agility Nationals!) just 45 minutes from our home.
I was signed up to compete in FAST,  Standard and Jumpers. In the FAST class, I renamed---SLOW. I was thinking about other stuff and not capable of going really fast. Mom had to really cheer--so the the timer went off as I was most successfully going to complete the "send." So, no Q for me or mom.

Friday: Standard class--well, I don't know what was wrong--but I felt very sad as I started the course and mom had to PULL me along---begging, pleading and I just didn't really want to play along. I did like the last 4 jumps. They always make me happy--I can see the end!
Jumpers--Mom handed me over to Wendy. She tried to run me. But I mostly walked for her too.

Saturday: they thought they would trick me. Samy played with me before the run and I was SO happy! I was tugging and playing and then she took me in that dreaded ring and as soon as she touched me to take off my collar...I deflated. I walked through most of the course--trotted some. Yeah, I am not into speed right now.

Sunday: Same thing... I did have a little bit more interest in the scary course with the dreaded "box" that everyone was talking about all day.... but I was still well over time. Samy did a good job handling me...I just didn't feel like going fast.

I am a VERY accurate dog. Some say, it's hard to be inaccurate when you go that slow..but they are just haters! (probably border collies!)

Hasten has been having fun. She had her first official agility class this week and that's all she has been talking to me about. She really likes it and gets really happy when there is equipment. I will say that when I watch her play on the equipment with mom and get treats, I am a tiny bit jealous...but not THAT much.





Mom has some video of Hasten playing with her new friend (and my friend too--I LOVE this dog!) Sully. He is a very cute Jack Russell who I have known longer than Hasten. He is about a month older than her.

Hasten has been destroying many things...toys, garbage, pens, and for some reason the little freak likes baby wipes! Who knows what goes on in that girl's mind.


Here is her pretty pink camo jacket--which she ate the front off on the way to the trial.


No brains in this monkey!
Sincerely, 
Barclay, the REALLY reluctant agility dog

No comments:

Post a Comment